MyPlan is an online resource for students to explore career options, and it's FREE for Penn State Mont Alto students. MyPlan offers:
- Career Database with information about 1,000+ careers
- Assessments: Personality Test, Interest Inventory, Skills Assessment, and Work Values Assessment. You can then view a list of careers that match your test results.
- And more!!
Please contact Career Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the access code.
Career Planning Course:
Effective Career-Decision-Making (CN ED 100)
Appropriate for first through fifth semester students who are in the process of exploring and defining career goals, this course explores personal interests, values, and abilities; examines methods of researching information on careers; and applies decision-making models. (3 credits)
- Explore personal interests, values, and abilities
- Examine methods of researching information on careers
- Study decision-making models and your own preferences in making decisions
- Advance toward career-related decisions by participating in various class and individual activities
- Develop a career plan with short-and long-term goals
Curious about what someone actually does day-to-day in your career of interest? Consider job shadowing or conducting an informational interview with an employee in the field. See Career Services for suggestions about how to find someone to shadow or interview and for a list of possible questions to ask them.
Published by the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics, this site has information about hundreds of occupations, including job descriptions, salary, and employment outlook.
- Student Resources