Multipurpose Activities Center
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 5:00 - 10:00 p.m. (when classes are in session)
Hours and availability may vary due to classes and sporting activities. Facilities are closed during semester breaks.
Penn State Mont Alto students and employees must present their ID cards for admission to any event to which admission is charged. If free, admission is available to students and employees.
General Building Rules
- No entry or exit except via designated doors
- No individuals under 18 may enter unless
- A PennState student, or
- Accompanied by an adult
Individuals participating in strenuous activities should have appropriate identification (in event of an emergency
- Must be worn in all areas except locker rooms
- Only clean (no dirt or mud) non-scuff sneakers in the activity area.
- No turf or spiked shoes are permitted at any time.
- No street shoes are permitted at any time
Forbidden in building
- Use of tobacco of any kind
- Use of skateboards, roller skates, or roller blades
- Eating or drinking (except in designated areas)
- Behavior or objects which common sense would indicate might damage the building
The gym is available for recreational use when it is not in use for academics, intramurals, and other scheduled events.
- Scuff-free sneakers
- No hard-soled shoes
Community members using the Fitness Center must pay a membership fee. There is no fee for students or employees to use the Fitness Center.
- Users must adhere to rules and regulations regarding the Fitness Center
- Users must wear appropriate clothing, including shoes and shirts.
- The Fitness Center features a cardio-vascular and free weight room.
- No locks are allowed on lockers overnight without proper approval from Director of Athletics or Exercise Science Faculty.
- Any unauthorized locks will be cut off and removed.
- Articles found in abandoned lockers will be subject to disposal.
- Identification is needed to check out any equipment.
- The individual checking out the equipment is responsible for the return of the equipment.
- The individual who checked out the equipment will be charged full replacement value for damaged or unreturned equipment.
Participation in all intramural and recreational sports is voluntary. The Penn State Mont Alto campus accepts no liability for any injuries, damages, thefts, or other such losses which individuals may incur while using this facility or participating in programs. Individuals assume all such risks while using any equipment or facilities, or participating in any program, exercise, or other activity at Penn State Mont Alto, and waive any or all claims against Penn State Mont Alto, its trustees, officers, agents, and/or employees. Please guard against damage to or loss of University or personal equipment.
The American College of Sports Medicine strongly suggests that an individual (other than those apparently healthy and under the age of 45) receive medical approval from a physician prior to beginning an exercise program. An individual suspecting a prohibitive medical condition (at any age) should not participate and should see a physician as soon as possible.
Report all injuries to faculty or staff attendants on duty. Faculty and staff attendants can and will dismiss any participant or spectator from activities, or the building itself, if deemed necessary, to ensure safety and order.