What is Residence Life?
The mission of the Residence Life Office at Penn State Mont Alto is to provide a safe, comfortable, secure, and nurturing living-learning environment that is conducive to students' academic pursuits and personal growth while fostering a sense of community, civic responsibility, and an appreciation of diversity. We strive for this by providing high quality living-learning environments, programs, and services that both support and challenge the students in their everyday lives while studying and living at Penn State Mont Alto.
Residence Life believes in providing programs and services that will allow our students to explore, understand, and demonstrate:
- Respect—to acknowledge, accept, and give value
- Responsibility—a duty, obligation, or social force which binds to a course of action.
Each of these priorities is explored through three lenses: oneself, others, community and environment.
Residence Life has designed broad learning objectives that guide the work and programming that is done for our students. These objectives address four main topics: personal wellness, sustainability, citizenship, and diversity.
Residential Students at Penn State Mont Alto Can:
- Identify key factors and resources on and off campus related to personal wellness.
- Recognize the importance of sustainability to the environment and the future.
- Identify ways in which to be a positive and productive citizen both in the classroom and their community.
- Discuss the importance of appreciating the diversity in other individuals' values, backgrounds, and beliefs.
What Residence Life Can Do for You!
- Assist with adjustment to college life, social interactions, and roommates.
- Provide an opportunity to establish a connection with fellow residents, student mentors, and professional staff.
- Develop important transferable skills for life after graduation.
- Enhance the social, academic and leadership skills of our residents through educational programming, community building, and personal contact.
- Assist with roommate disputes and emergencies.
- Offer support, assistance and referrals for personal, academic, and psychological concerns.
- Ensure that the residence hall environment is supportive of all students and adheres to University policy.
- Extend referral information on departments and agencies on the campus and in the surrounding community.
Residence Life Office Hours of Operation
The Residence Life Office, located on the second floor of Conklin Hall, room 207 (Campus Life Office), is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Please note that the Residence Life (RC or ARC) Coordinator is available during his/her posted office hours. To schedule an appointment with the Associate Director or Residence Life Coordinators, please contact Campus Life at 717-749-6156.
If an emergency arises and none of the individuals above can be reached, contact Penn State Mont Alto Police Services immediately at 717-749-6070.
Resident Assistants (RAs) are on duty in the residence halls seven days a week during the academic year, including evenings from 8:00 p.m.–12:00 a.m. (Sunday-Thursday) and 8:00 p.m.–2:00 a.m. (Friday-Saturday). RAs are also available before and after these hours as needed. For RA contact information, please click on the Resident Assistant Staff link to the right.
- Residence Life Resources
- Student Affairs Departments