Crime Prevention for Office Personnel
1. Lock your office whenever you leave, even if you will only be gone for a few minutes.
2. Keep your purse, wallet, and other valuables in a locked desk or file cabinet.
3. All crimes, no matter how minor they may appear at the time, should be reported to Police Services.
4. Lock your car and try to keep all valuables out of sight inside the vehicle.
5. If you receive an annoying or obscene telephone call, hang up. Write down the time and date of the call, what the caller said, and any background noises you may hear. Report the incident to Police Services.
6. If you work alone at night, keep all outside doors locked. Park your car in a well lighted area close to your office.
7. Never loan your office keys to someone else. Keys can be easily lost, stolen, or duplicated. Remember, if you have to unlock a door to get in, lock it when you leave.
8. Protect your property through “Operation Identification” by marking your valuables with an engraved identification number. To borrow an engraver, contact Police Services at 717-749-6070.