If a major utility failure occurs during business hours, contact the Office of the Physical Plant at 717-749-6035. If it occurs after business hours contact Police Services at 717-749-6070.
If an emergency exists, activate the building alarm and CALL 911. Evacuate the building and move to a clear area. DO NOT RE-ENTER THE BUILDING until you are told it is safe to do so.
Campus notification procedures:
- University Police will notify the Physical Plant Director.
- University Police will notify the Director of Business.
- University Police will notify the Director of Housing and Food Services and the Residence Life staff if the outage affects their respective areas of responsibility.
- Physical Plant will determine the origin of the problem and will advise the University Police and Director of Business of their findings.
- Physical Plant determines the proper course of action to effect repairs.
- Director of Business will consult with directors of effected departments and will determine if an evacuation is required based on projected schedule of repairs and restoration of service.
If it is determined that an evacuation is required:
- Appropriate shelter location(s) will be identified and arrangements made for transportation and food.
- The campus community will be advised of the actions being taken by whatever means will be available for communication.
- University Relations will be notified and will arrange for media announcements of the actions being taken by the University.
If it is determined that no evacuation is required:
- The Director of Business will communicate to the directors of the effected departments that no evacuation will be undertaken.
- The Director of Business will arrange for communication to the campus community when normal operations can be resumed.