Participants needed for POD exercise, Friday, Oct. 25!
Penn State Mont Alto is participating in a Point of Distribution (POD) exercise with Franklin County Emergency Management on Friday, Oct. 25 from 5-6 p.m. A POD exercise allows emergency management officials to practice distributing emergency medication/vaccinations in the case of a widespread outbreak or health emergency. For the exercise, the emergency medication will be candy and not actual medicine or vaccines. The exercise gives officials the opportunity to divide the “patients” into those who are already infected and those who are not yet infected. They can then practice administering the “medication,” educating healthy patients, and quarantining infected patients.
We need your help! Students, faculty, staff, and community members are needed for this exercise. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Arrive at the Multipurpose Activities Center on the Penn State Mont Alto campus at 5 p.m. on Friday, October 25.
2. Come dressed in normal clothes (which will indicate to the emergency management team that you are a “healthy” patient who needs a dose of medication).
3. Or come dressed as a zombie, which will indicate to the emergency management team that you are already “infected.”
4. The event should be over by 6:30 p.m.
5. There will be goodie bags for those who attend the event and door prizes will be given.