Penn State's commitment to its students is backed by the generosity of thousands of individual donors, including parents of current and past students. As part of the University family, parents form an important group that has a vested interest in the University and its students.
In addition to keeping you informed, the Parents Fund provides essential support to programs and projects not entirely covered by Penn State's operating budget including:
- First Year Experience—The first year of college is exciting, yet often challenging. To help students through this transition, programs are provided over the course of the year that focus on interpersonal relationships, academic programs, career exploration, and diversity.
- Student organizations and clubs foster leadership and social development and provide new educational opportunities. These organizations cover a wide variety of interests including fraternities/sororities, religious activities, Student Government, and club/recreational sports.
- Health Services knows that when students get sick or injured at college, it can be difficult for them, as well as for their parents who are so far away. Every effort is made to provide the kind of compassionate, professional care all parents want for their children.
- Campus safety is a priority for the Penn State community.
- Counseling and Psychological Services provides group and individual counseling, crisis intervention, and psychological and psychiatric evaluations for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as prevention and consultation services.
- The Newspaper Readership Program—A variety of local and regional newspapers are available to all students, free of charge. This program offers a broad range of information and knowledge necessary to understand the world in which we live, and helping students acquire the skills vital to educated citizenship.
For more information on giving to Penn State Mont Alto, please click the appropriate link on the left, or contact the Office of Development at 717-749-6110 or by email at email@example.com.
- Ways to Give