Fieldwork Educator Information
As a fieldwork educator and/or coordinator, you are essential to our program and the profession of occupational therapy. You are the occupational therapy assistant students’ bridge between academia and practice. Our mission is to provide you with a space to collaborate and communicate about important information related to fieldwork education.
PENN STATE ASOT PROGRAM RESOURCES
EVALUATION FORMS AND TOOLS
- OT195A Student Fieldwork Level I Evaluation Form
- OT195B Student Fieldwork Level I Evaluation Form
- AOTA FW Performance Evaluation for OTA Student
(sample version for learning only)
- Fieldwork Experience Assessment Tool (FEAT)
- Student Evaluation of FW II Experience (SEFWE)
On this AOTA webpage you can find resources about fieldwork education, including level I and II fieldwork, site-specific objectives, student supervision, Fieldwork Educators Certificate Workshop, and Q & A about fieldwork.
PROGRESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- The Annual Penn State Mont Alto Fieldwork Educator Workshop will take place on Tuesday, May 6, 2014 from 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (3.5 contact hours will be awarded). This is our way of thanking the 2013 FW educators for providing practice-based education (i.e. FW I and FW II) experiences to Penn State occupational therapy students.
- Preceptor Education Program: Preceptors (clinical instructors) and students, take advantage of this free, on-line program as you prepare for clinical placements. Once you complete the short registration process and instantly receive your login information, you can access the PEP program anytime, anywhere. Each module takes about 30 minutes to complete and is full of quick tips and downloadable learning activities and tools. It is easy to navigate. It is colorful, fun to use, and many of the modules are designed so that preceptors and students can work through them together. A certificate can be printed at the end of the module to record the education completed.
- Self-assessment Tool for FW Educator Competency
For more information, please contact:
- About the OTA Program