Goals and Objectives
At Penn State Mont Alto, the Forest Technology Program is guided by the following principles.
To provide high quality technical training in forest and natural resource management.
- To train field personnel in the technical aspects of evaluating, managing and protecting forest resources.
- For students to develop competencies in field applications of classroom theory in forestry related technical subject areas.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the skills needed to gain employment or to continue their education in forestry or closely related field
- Improve written and spoken communication
- Learn interpersonal and leadership skills
- Develop a view of tolerance and ethics
- Gain a broader perspective in education through general studies in the arts, humanities, social and behavioral sciences and natural sciences.
- About the Forest Technology Associate Degree