The Pennsylvania State University
Associate in Science in Occupational Therapy
Recommended Academic Plan (RAP)
OT Course Descriptions
Fall (Semester One)
Spring (Semester Two)
BIOL 129* 4
ENG 015 (GWS) 3
PSYCH 100 (GS) 3
OT103* + 3
HDFS 129 or PSYCH 212 ^ 3
BIOL 141 (GN)* 3
BIOL 142 (GN)* 1
Math (GQ) 3
KINES 013 1
Fall (Semester Three)
Spring (Semester Four)
Humanities Elective (GH) 3
Art Elective (GA) 3
Summer / Fall (Semester Five)
OT295 A* 6
OT295 B* 6
FW Level II is typically two,
8-week, full-time placements.
* Students must earn a grade of C or better in
+ OT 103 meets the intercultural requirement
^ Students may take PSYCH 212 in place of HDFS 129. Note PSYCH 100 is a pre-req for PSYCH 212.
- Students must complete these courses prior to enrolling in the 200-level OT courses: ENG 015, PSYC 100, BIOL 129, BIOL 141, BIOL 142, and HDFS 129.
- OT courses in bold print may only be taken in the designated semester/order, except for OT195A, which is typically in Semester 2, but may be taken in Semester 3 and/or Summer Semester following the freshman year.
- Courses meeting GQ, GH, GA requirements may be taken during any semester. Consult with adviser for best individual academic plan.
- All didactic degree requirements must be completed prior to enrolling in OT 295 A/B.
- FW Level II dates will be set by the Fieldwork Coordinator. Academic advising is required to establish FW II placements.
- OT 295A/B must be completed within 18 months of completing the didactic requirement.
GRADING POLICY FOR OT COURSES
A = 95-100 A- = 90-94 B+ = 87-89 B = 84-86 B- = 80-83 C+ = 77-79
C = 73-76 D = 65-72 F = Below 65
Note 1: Students must earn a grade of C in OT courses to be eligible to continue in the OTA program.
Note 2: See OT195A and OT195B Evaluation of Level I Fieldwork Experience for passing score requirement.
- About the OTA Program