The associate’s degree in Letters, Arts and Sciences is a Liberal Arts program that allows the student to customize their Penn State degree. Students will take a variety of courses in the arts, humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, English and mathematics to satisfy the requirements for the program.
Applicants must have completed the following minimum high school requirements or equivalents:
- Two units of math (one algebra and one additional math)
- Two units of science
- Four secondary school units of English
- Five units combined from the arts, humanities, social studies, and/or foreign languages
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Satisfactory SAT or ACT scores (for students who have been out of high school for five years or less)
Students should apply online at admissions.psu.edu. For first year applicants appropriate credentials include the admissions application and application fee, an official high school transcript, and electronically-reported SAT or ACT scores. Advanced Standing (transfer) applicants should submit the admissions application and application fee, official transcripts from high school and all post-secondary schools attended.
The associate’s degree in Letters, Arts and Sciences may be started in either the fall or spring semester. Applications for admission are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
- About this Program