Bachelor of Science in Business (BSB)
The Bachelor of Science degree in Business is designed for students who want to become flexible business professionals, equipped to adapt to the ever-changing workplace of the future. This program enables students to develop an up-to-date general knowledge base in business administration. Through traditional classroom instruction, active and collaborative learning, internships and practical experience, and technologically enhanced courses, students will have the opportunity to develop skills while they complete their theoretical preparation in the core business disciplines. The program helps students prepare to meet the competitive demands of the business world. Others may use their degree as the basis for graduate studies.
The BSB program gives the student the opportunity to:
- Learn practical skills such as team building and collaboration
- Learn core business essentials such as accounting, finance, and marketing from outstanding Penn State faculty
- Gain on-the-job experience through internships and work with local corporations, small businesses, and nonprofits
- Work in teams, manage projects, learn how to give oral and electronic presentations, and lead groups
- Learn how to manage time, creatively and constructively solve problems, improve productivity, and better serve the customer
- Develop the strong written and oral communications and technological skills necessary to effectively compete in today's workforce.
Through a series of diverse courses, students also create a personal portfolio that includes a combination of oral, written, and electronic presentations they can later use during their job search. A senior project, internship, or independent study with area businesses also will broaden a student’s understanding of the connection between the classroom and the workplace.
The BSB program is suitable for a wide range of students, including recent high school graduates, returning adult students, and transfer students from other colleges and universities. It is also an excellent option for students wishing to stay close to home but interested in the prestige of a Penn State degree.
Students enter the major after completing a minimum number of credits. It is also a possibility for students to enter the BSB degree program after completing the two year Associate Degree in Business Administration. With the proper selection of business electives in the associate degree program, the transition to the BSB degree program is seamless.
For more information contact Mr. John Henry, 717-749-6126, email@example.com