Built in 1854, the Emmanuel Chapel plays a large role in the history of the Mont Alto campus and surrounding area. It is believed to be one of the last worship places of abolitionist John Brown just before his historic raid on Harper's Ferry.
The campus bought the chapel for $1 from the Episcopal Diocese of Central Pennsylvania in 1992. The chapel was renovated in 2000 and is now used for worship services, weddings, and receptions on campus.
Penn State Mont Alto is committed to making its websites accessible to all users, and welcomes comments or suggestions on access improvements. Please send comments or suggestions on accessibility to the campus webmaster.